NSE 7 & 8 - Training For Africa
Network Security Architect NSE 7
The NSE 7 curriculum offers five courses. We recommend this course for network and security professionals who are involved in the design, administration, and support of security infrastructures using Fortinet solutions.Network Security Architect NSE 7
1. Advanced Threat Protection
In this two-day course, you will learn how to protect your organization and improve its security against advanced threats that bypass traditional security controls, using FortiSandbox and other ATP components.
2. Public Cloud Security
In this advanced, hands-on, two-day class, you will learn about the different components that make up the infrastructures of the top public cloud providers, and the security challenges these environments present.
3. Enterprise Firewall
In this three-day course, you will learn how to implement, troubleshoot, and centrally manage an enterprise security infrastructure composed of multiple FortiGate devices.
Comprehensive Security Control Policies
4. Private Cloud Security
In this advanced, hands-on, two-day class, you will learn about the different components that make up the infrastructures of private clouds and the security challenges these environments present.
5. Secure Access
In this two-day course, you will learn how FortiOS, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, and FortiAuthenticator enable secure connectivity over wired and wireless networks.
Certification and Recertification
- The Network Security Architect designation identifies your advanced skills in deploying, adminstering, and troubleshooting Fortinet security solutions.
- Certifications earned through Pearson VUE will appear in your NSE Institute Profile within five business days after passing your exam.
- Passing any NSE 7 exam at Pearson VUE awards recertification.
- NSE 8 recertifies NSE 4 – 7, even if these are expired.
Network Security Expert NSE 8
Certification and Recertification
- The NSE 8 Fortinet Network Security Expert designation identifies a candidate’s comprehensive knowledge of network security design, configuration, and troubleshooting for complex networks. To attempt the exam, candidates must have related industry experience.
- We recommend that you complete NSE 4 to 7 training and have solid experience with Fortinet Develop an understanding of the fabric products in that a augment production products FortiGate to environment.
- The NSE 8 level does not include training.
- Candidates who obtain the NSE 8 designation by passing the written and practical exams, recertify on all the NSE levels that were earned earlier, regardless of whether they are valid or have expired. However, the candidate cannot recertify on designation levels for which they have never qualified.
- Passing the NSE 8 written exam will recertify the candidate for NSE 8 as long as the NSE 8 certification has not expired. Passing the written exam, for the purpose of recertifying, will also recertify on all NSE levels, valid or expired. However, if the NSE 8 certification is expired, candidates will need to redo the written and practical exams to recertify.
NSE 8 Written Exam
There are no prerequisites for the Fortinet NSE 8 written exam. The written exam is a pre-test for the Fortinet NSE 8 practical exam. The NSE 8 written exam is not a certification. The Fortinet NSE 8 written exam is a 90-minute, multiple-choice exam. Questions cover design scenarios, exhibits, configuration extracts, and troubleshooting. Reference materials are not allowed in the exam room for the written exam.
NSE 8 Practical Exam
After a candidate passes the prerequisite NSE 8 written exam, the candidate can register to take the practical exam in person. The NSE 8 practical exam is a two-day, hands-on evaluation. During the practical exam, candidates must configure and validate a complete network topology involving multiple Fortinet products. Reference materials are not allowed in the exam room for the practical exam.
Additional Information About NSE 8
- Within 15 days of taking the practical exam, the candidate receives a document showing their overall result: pass or fail. The document also shows which sections the candidate passed or failed. No additional detail or assistance is provided.
- NSE 8 certification is visible in the candidate’s NSE Institute Profile approximately one month after the candidate passes the NSE 8 practical exam.
- We accept three attempts of the written exam for NSE 8 recertification. However, if all three attempts fail, candidates must attempt the NSE 8 practical exam again until they pass.
If you are looking for a product you cannot find, let us know and we will try and source it for you!
+2711 781 8014